well, apple season has come and it seems that it will stick around for awhile! i LOVE fall and everything about fall (if you haven’t noticed from the previous posts). this year, i’ve been able to get half bushels of apples and i’ve really enjoyed figuring out what to do with them. my boys absolutely love them, my husband loves them, and i love apple sauce. and it is SO easy.
1. peel, core, and slice about 16 apples
2. put them in a bowl of water so they don’t get soft and turn brown while you’re finishing peeling the apples
3. go take a pic of a couple of cuties
4. put all the apples in a pot or saucepan.
5. add 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tbls. brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla.
6. sauté until the apples are soft and it smells delicious.
7. put everything in a blender or food processor and blend until you reach the consistency that you like.